You’re very welcome to join us for regular worship each Sunday at 11am, whether you’re a regular member of Hinde Street, a visitor or an old friend. And you are also equally welcome to join us in person in central London, or online via the links on this page.
To take part in our services via Zoom, follow these instructions.
* Using a computer/mobile phone/tablet, just click this link any time after 10.30am on Sunday.
You may see a message saying “Join a meeting”. If you do, click it and enter the code 83816892647. You may see messages saying “Do you want to allow this page to open zoom.us?” If you do, click “Allow”. You may also see messages which ask you to “Download & run Zoom” or “First time user?”. Click those links if prompted.
After installing the Zoom software, you might be asked for a code for this meeting. The code is 83816892647
* Using a normal phone, you will be able to hear the service. Ring 020 3051 2874, and when asked for a meeting ID, enter this number on your keypad: 838 168 926 47 followed by #
Some things to note before taking part (click to expand)
1. This ‘Zoom event’ will be primarily with people you know, but there may be other people taking part who you don’t know. Visitors are always welcome! But everyone should be aware that names appear on the screen – you are given an option to choose which name you would like to be displayed. No-one will have access to your computer beyond the Zoom event, but be mindful of who you are talking to and what you say about yourself. There is a ‘chat’ feature on Zoom, which will be available after the service. Again, be aware of who you are talking to as you would in church.
2. If you are joining the worship using the live video link, please be aware everyone can see you! They can also see the room behind you as it appears on the screen. You may wish to avoid photos appearing on screen which are in your room of children, or any other information which may reveal your location. The service is also streamed from Zoom on to YouTube, where is viewable as it happens, and afterwards as well.
3. Children joining this Zoom worship should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. You can join Zoom on the computer and only use the ‘sound’ access and not ‘video’. Your chosen name will still appear as present.
5. When you join the worship, you will be on mute.
6. The recording of the whole event will be available on this page afterwards.
New – Hinde Street sermon podcasts
We are now publishing podcasts of our sermons. You can find these on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get podcasts, or use this address: http://hindestreetonlineworship.org.uk/feed/podcast
- Preached by the Rev Peter Cornick in person at Hinde Street and online on 22 November 2020
- Preached online as part of Hinde Street worship on 15 November 2020
- Preached on 1 November 2020.
- Preached at Hinde Street Methodist Church, in person and online, on 25 October 2020.
- Preached at Hinde Street in person and online on 18 October 2020.