You’re very welcome to join us for regular online worship each Sunday at 11am, whether you’re a regular member of Hinde Street, a visitor, a past member who is reconnecting with us – or simply someone who wants to worship.
We hold a regular service every Sunday at 11am. To take part, follow these instructions.
* Using a computer/mobile phone/tablet, just click this link any time after 10.30am on Sunday.
You may see a message saying “Join a meeting”. If you do, click it and enter the code 83816892647. You may see messages saying “Do you want to allow this page to open zoom.us?” If you do, click “Allow”. You may also see messages which ask you to “Download & run Zoom” or “First time user?”. Click those links if prompted.
After installing the Zoom software, you might be asked for a code for this meeting. The code is 83816892647
* Using a normal phone, you will be able to hear the service. Ring 020 3051 2874, and when asked for a meeting ID, enter this number on your keypad: 838 168 926 47 followed by #
Some things to note before taking part (click to expand)
1. This ‘Zoom event’ will be primarily with people you know, but there may be other people taking part who you don’t know. Visitors are always welcome! But everyone should be aware that names appear on the screen – you are given an option to choose which name you would like to be displayed. No-one will have access to your computer beyond the Zoom event, but be mindful of who you are talking to and what you say about yourself. There is a ‘chat’ feature on Zoom, which will be available after the service. Again, be aware of who you are talking to as you would in church.
2. If you are joining the worship using the live video link, please be aware everyone can see you! They can also see the room behind you as it appears on the screen. You may wish to avoid photos appearing on screen which are in your room of children, or any other information which may reveal your location. The service is also streamed from Zoom on to YouTube, where is viewable as it happens, and afterwards as well.
3. Children joining this Zoom worship should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. You can join Zoom on the computer and only use the ‘sound’ access and not ‘video’. Your chosen name will still appear as present.
5. When you join the worship, you will be on mute.
6. The recording of the whole event will be available on this page afterwards.
New – Hinde Street sermon podcasts
We are now publishing podcasts of our sermons. You can find these on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get podcasts, or use this address: http://hindestreetonlineworship.org.uk/feed/podcast
- Preached by Peter Cornick as part of Hinde Street Online Worship on 26 July 2020.
- Preached as part of Hinde Street online worship on 19 July 2020.
- Preached as part of Hinde Street online worship on 12 July 2020.
- Preached as part of Hinde Street online worship on 5 July 2020
- Sermon preached by the Reverend James Cruddas on 21 June 2020 for Hinde Street Methodist Church’s online worship.